A poor guy is homeless after his cat and dog got into a fight and knocked over an electric space heater onto a pile of blankets recently in Indianapolis.
The man said the fire “took off quickly and by the time he got everyone evacuated, the back porch was fully engulfed.”
When firefighters finally arrived, they started an aggressive offensive attack and the blaze was under control in about half an hour.
The home didn’t have any working smoke alarms, so the man is very lucky that he saw what was happening right away and was able to get everyone out!
Damage is estimated to be in the $60,000 range, but luckily, everyone in the home was able to escape unharmed, including the dog and cat. No word yet on if the dog and cat will be facing any orders of eviction from their owners.
Image Credit: Pixabay.com